Kauai Island

Monday, April 20, 2009

Kauai, aptly nicknamed the Garden Isle, is the Hawaiian vacation destination treasured for its lush tropical greenery and sparkling sand beaches. Visitors to the island worship not only its postcard-perfect beauty, but Kauai's diversity of cultures, activities, shopping, and dining. The paradise of Kauai basks amidst the sparkling blue waters of the Pacific Ocean, Rainbow Catamaran on Kalapaki Beach, Kauai, Hawaii about 20 minutes by air from Honolulu. Formed some six million years ago, the island encompasses roughly 550 square miles and is the oldest and Surfer Going In at Hanalei, Kauai, Hawaii northernmost of the main Hawaiian Islands.

Kauai is the fourth largest of the major Hawaiian Islands. Nearly circular in shape, Kauai's land area encompasses 533 square miles, 25 miles long by 33 miles wide at its furthest points. Only 3% of the land area has been developed for commercial and residential use leaving the remaining 97% divided between agriculture and conservation. The majority of the island's approximately 52,000 residents live and work in the coastal areas leaving the interior of Kauai spectacularly beautiful and pristine.

Kauai Island

Kauai's weather is near perfect year-round with daytime temperatures ranging from the mid 70's to the mid 80's, slightly warmer in the summer. The northeast tradewinds provide refreshing breezes. Rain showers usually fall in the evening and early morning hours, predominantely over the mountain ranges. For a rather small island, Kauai's opportunities for you to see a variety of geography, landscapes, and other points of interest, are virtually endless. Drive just a short distance and you will be enchanted by the beauty and diversity around every turn, from town to town, and in between.

Kauai Island

There's a whole lot more to Kauai than sun, sand, and surf ... but given the sheer beauty and diversity of the beaches and beach parks you'll find on Kauai, you'll have every excuse if you decide to spend all your waking hours exploring them. Some are perfect for strolling, others for swimming, beachcombing, or picnicking.

Sponsored Ads

Powered by Blogger.