1. Start about 4 feet back from the end of the board if you're a teen or adult, or farther if you take large steps. Stand in an upright position, back and legs straight.
2. When you're ready to do your approach, take three long steps, swinging your arms, together, in the same direction, as you walk.
3. When you've taken your 3 steps, bring one leg up and hop to the end of the board.
4. As you are doing this, keep your head and neck straight and looking forward.
5. When you've jumped to the end of the board, do a large arm circle counter-clockwise and push off the board with both feet as hard as you can.
6. Go all the way up and then bend at the waist.
7. Bring your arms up and squeeze your ears with your arms
8. Clasp your hands together and look at your hands.
9. Keep your legs straight and toes pointed.